A well designed and optimized website can really make a difference when you have to achieve your internet marketing goals. Now it is the job of the website developer to make the website visually attractive and easy to navigate to make sure that the purpose of user’s visit is served. Your potential customer has no time to waste, but he has a lot of other options.
A user stays on a website for not more than 15 seconds. Therefore, in these 15 seconds, you can either make him your permanent customer or he can also abandon your website forever if frustrated by complicated navigation of your website. There are some essential factors that when ignored, the result is a mind-numbing and poor design that terribly fails to take hold of users attentions. Complicated navigation lessens the usability and user’s experience.
Here are the modern web design principles to develop an optimized, user-friendly and effective website that please your client and the visitors as well:
- Call of action: We all just glance at the menus and heading of the web page content to come to a decision. Some intelligent users look for the search button to find the information of their interest quickly and easily. Unfortunately, millions of mobile users overlook the menu items. This is the reason why putting call of action at the right place is extremely important so that user can see it.
- The depth of menus: Search engines find it hard to crawl drop down menus. Drawn out menus work fine for desktop websites but not for mobile websites. A mobile user has to wait longer when there are too many options in the drop down menu and the level of depth worsens it.
- Easy return: Provide the user an easy access to the home page.
- Visibility of the search bar: Most of the users turn to the search bar to find the information. Therefore, make it visible for your visitors.
- Select the best color: The right color combination plays a key role in improving the visual appeal of the website. No one appreciates a website with light colored text or dark background.
- Right and optimized images: Images when wrongly used can increase the page load time. Keeping the size right and optimizing images using keywords and anchor tags can play a key role in increasing traffic and improving ranking.
- Incorporating social media: You can drive more traffic to your website by directly connecting it to your social media profiles.
Every freelance website developer in Singapore should be aware of the importance of these factors that can contribute to the visual appearance and usability of the website.